Black 2 White Forums

Hey! Yeah, you! Why aren't you logged in and enjoying the fun?! Either Login or Register for our fun loving members!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Black 2 White Forums

Hey! Yeah, you! Why aren't you logged in and enjoying the fun?! Either Login or Register for our fun loving members!

Black 2 White Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Someone Borrowed A Cat?

A Borrowed Cat
    A Borrowed Cat

Someone Borrowed A Cat? Empty Someone Borrowed A Cat?

Post  A Borrowed Cat Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:02 am

Hi there! I'm A Borrowed Cat. No, I'm not really a cat (though I wish I could be one, be able to transform into one, or be a neko-mimi). The term comes from a Japanese phrase "karite kita neko" (hence my DA username, Karite-Kita-Neko), used to refer to someone who is unusually quiet or well-behaved while in an unfamiliar environment. This describes me pretty well (though I'm sure I'm not the only one it describes).

This 21-year-old's favorite activities include drawing, playing video games, watching anime, and reading manga. My favorite video games include those from the Pokemon and Legend of Zelda series, especially Pokemon Silver Version and Ocarina of Time. My favorite anime include Shugo Chara!, Fruits Basket, InuYasha, Minami-ke, Naruto Shippuden, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters (I've actually cosplayed as Yami Bakura before), and the various Tenchi series. My favorite manga is Pokemon Adventures/Special.

When it comes to drawing, I especially like creating original characters (such as the little guy in my avi, Nekaisu) and doing fan art (primarily Pokemon-related). I had only considered it a hobby until my senior year of high school. It was then that I decided to make art my profession. Though I originally began going to college to pursue a degree in Art Education (teaching art), after a year, I found myself in Graphic Design. Who knows, maybe I'll end up teaching Graphic Design someday? My dream job, however, is to become a concept artist (someone who makes up characters and ideas) for cartoons, video games, and/or graphic novels.

I'm a huge Pokemon fan and have been since it all began. I was a little late on getting started on the games, but I began my journey at the age of 10 with Silver Version, selecting Chikorita as my starter. My favorite type is Ice, though Water and Ghost are close seconds.

My favorite Pokemon is Dunsparce. When I first encountered Dunsparce on the original Silver Version, I was so intrigued by it. I can't say for sure why, but it was just so interesting.

Back before I had access to Internet, when I had little knowledge about the second generation and Pokemon gaming in general, which was also when I thought Dunsparce's name was "Dunsparence", I thought it evolved into Gligar. When I was younger, I liked to pretend that I was a professor of sorts, so I studied the similarities between them. They both had wings, fangs, a pointed tail, connotations with the ground (though only one of them was an actual Ground-type), and Gligar's National PokeDex number came immediately after Dunsparce. I spent ages trying to evolve what I thought to be Gligar's larvae, but Dunsparce would never evolve. In the end, I discovered it didn't evolve. I guess I got attached to it during that whole process. Of course, now I'm glad Dunsparce didn't evolve into Gligar.

For ages, Ho-oh was my favorite Pokemon. However, I decided not too very long ago that Dunsparce should be my favorite, as my reason for liking it wasn't solely due to its power.

While some recognize Dunsparce as "the Great Annoyer", most overlook this seemingly dull Pokemon completely. Thanks to its Serene Grace ability and massive status-inflicting movepool, Dunsparce can actually be a pretty decent Pokemon. I suggest giving it Glare/ThunderWave, Headbutt, Rock Slide, and Earthquake. King's Rock and Leftovers are both good items for Dunsparce. A Baton-Passing Ninjask with Substitute and Protect as a lead makes Dunsparce a nice sweeper. While it's certainly not the best Pokemon in the world, Dunsparce is vastly underrated.

I also caught a shiny Dunsparce a few years ago, which makes me love the lil' guy even more. Plus, he looks so squishy. >w<

My favorite quote from the games: "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." - Elite Four, Karen

My favorite color is emerald green, which also happens to be my birthstone. I also really like icy blue.

I like to chat and hang out at various Pokemon forums, where I usually show off my artwork and/or fake cards. You may have seen me around as KougaWolf, Kj'kun Neko, Nekoban Ryo, or Akiyuki Aretukasu. I go by Kjkun the Snow Leopard on GaiaOnline and KjKun Neko on GPXPlus.

I guess that covers it. Let me know if you want to know anything else about me. Smile

Last edited by A Borrowed Cat on Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:33 am; edited 3 times in total
    Jotur
    Jotur

Someone Borrowed A Cat? Empty Re: Someone Borrowed A Cat?

Post  Jotur Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:17 am

Too lazy to read it all (and the colors hurt my eyes) but welcome anyways. But that doesn't mean much, I think you were here before me...
    A Borrowed Cat
    A Borrowed Cat

Post  A Borrowed Cat Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:30 am

After I typed all that just to tell you every last detail about myself. D:

It's okay. I understand. It is a lot of text and the colors do make it hard to read.

Thanks! Smile

EDIT: Changed the text color. Might be easier to read now.
    Jotur
    Jotur

Post  Jotur Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:17 pm

A Borrowed Cat wrote:After I typed all that just to tell you every last detail about myself. D:

It's okay. I understand. It is a lot of text and the colors do make it hard to read.

Thanks! Smile

EDIT: Changed the text color. Might be easier to read now.
    Ty. Much easier to read now.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:44 am